- 1 1/4 cups wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup BarnDad’s FiberDX
- 3/4 table salt
- 1 packet Instant Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups luke warm water
- Add yeast to lukewarm (just above body temp) water. Mix in flour with spoon. Stir all ingredients together, no need to knead!
- Put mixture in a large plastic bowl or container and cover with saran wrap or breathable lid. Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours. After this you may make a portion to cook at any time or you can refrigerate the dough overnight or up to a week.
- TO COOK: Cut off a portion of the dough. Preheat oven to 450º. Dust the cut dough with flour and shape. Let sit for 20-30 minutes while oven preheats. Cut diagonal slashes across the top of dough. Pour one cup of water into broiler pan on lower oven rack. Place sheet with dough onto rack above the broiling pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until the bread is deep brown and hard on top. Let cool on rack and enjoy!
FOR AN EXTRA KICK: Experiment with all kinds of toppings on this recipe! Our favorite is to sprinkle some Asiago cheese and dried garlic.